A special thank you to www.foodwelove.com for using our jelly in this tasty recipe! *Courtesy of www.foodwelove.com*
- 1/2 cup Luscombe Farm Jalapeño Pepper Jelly
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces tub-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 1/2 cup), softened (I used about 1/3 cup regular cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons water
"Preheat oven to 400°. Place jelly and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high temperature 45 seconds, or until jelly melts, stirring after 30 seconds.
Combine cream cheese and cilantro in another small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 1/4 of the cheese mixture into each pocket, and close openings with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a 12-inch cast-iron (or other oven-proof) skillet over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan, skinned side down, and cook for about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and brush with jelly mixture.
Place pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until done, basting with jelly mixture in skillet after 7 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and transfer chicken to a serving plate. Add water to pan, stirring with a wire whisk to deglaze the pan and make sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Remove and discard wooden picks. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and enjoy!"